One of the 5 Key Necessities for Youth Engagement identified by the Walking the Talk project is an ‘Intersectional Lens’.
We asked our Collaborators during the Walking the Talk project:
- “What values do you hold when working in a collaborative space?”
- “How do young people want to be involved in designing and implementing a youth engagement strategy that aims to move the dial on meaningful youth engagement?”
- “Inclusion of lots of different young people, not always the same voices.”
- “Inclusion & acceptance.”
- “Respect for everyone’s stories and experiences.”
- “Nothing about us without us!”
For further detail, see the full Guide here!
Check out our video explainer on Intersectionality and its importance in Youth Engagement!